Frequently Asked Questions about the WLF Farm-to-Go Online Ordering System for organic produce, prepared meals, and groceries.
What is Farm-to-Go?
Order organic produce, prepared meals, and all types of grocery items from great local vendors through Wright-Locke Farm! In an effort to provide good, local food to our community in a safe and responsible way, we’ve taken our Farm Stand online.
How does Farm-to-Go work?
- Once you have an account in our online system, each week you can log in and see what’s available for Farm-to-Go.
- We’ll send out weekly updates and reminders of order windows in our Farm newsletter.
- Shop for good, local food! Order as much or as little as you need for that week ($15 minimum).
- Confirm your cart before orders close for your market day.
- Pickup your order via our safe and contactless pickup systems and enjoy!
- Payments will be processed after pickup.
What is available from Farm-to-Go?
We plan to have a wide variety of local products and produce:
- Fresh: veggies, fruit (in season), breads, bagels, baked treats, milk, cheese, yogurts & krauts
- Frozen: soups, seafood, pasture-raised meats, fruits, butter
- Pantry: pasta, beans, spices, coffee, teas, honey, maple syrup, seed butter, salsa, sriracha
- Prepared Meals from Essex Catering
Note: Different items are available through different distribution locations because of harvest, staffing, and catering schedules. Grocery items are only available for On-farm pickup as we cannot sell non-farm items at our farmers’ market locations.
How do I view what is available for each pickup?
- You will only see the items available for the pickup day/location you’ve selected in your profile.
- Want to see what’s available on another day? Go to “account information” and change your default “customer distribution location” to the pickup that you want, and start shopping for that day.
- Vegetables are available at all pickup locations; Essex prepared meals, grocery and pantry items are only available at the Farm Stand.
When can I see fresh vegetable availability?
We post fresh vegetable and fruit availability as follows:
- Tuesday pickups will list availability starting on Sunday
- Thursday pickups will list availability starting on Monday
- Saturday pickups:
- Farm Stand pickups will list availability starting on Monday
- Winchester Farmers Market will list availability on Tuesday
When can I pickup food from WLF Farm-to-Go?
- Weekly Schedule:
Market Day Time What is offered? Lexington Farmers’ Market Tuesday 2 – 3pm Pre-ordered WLF produce
(open to all)
WLF On-Farm Pickup Tuesday 4 – 6pm Pre-ordered WLF produce, grocery and pantry items (for Tuesday CSA customers and Carrot Card* holders only) WLF On-Farm Pickup Thursday 4 – 7pm Pre-ordered WLF & Picadilly produce, Essex prepared meals, grocery and pantry items
(open to all);
CSA pickup occurs same time
Winchester Farmers’ Market Pickup Saturday 9:30am -1:30pm Pre-ordered WLF produce (open to all) WLF On-Farm Pickup Saturday 1 – 4pm Pre-ordered WLF & Picadilly produce, Essex prepared meals, grocery and pantry items (open to all)
*Carrot Cards are sold out for the 2020 Season.
When can I order from WLF Farm-to-Go?
Each week, you can log in during the “open order period” for your selected pickup day and location and see what’s available. Ordering opens up Sunday morning, and closes at 11:59PM two days before the pickup date (except for Tuesday pickups – orders close Monday at 11:59PM).
How do I pay?
- Please add funds to cover your order through the Account Activity button.
- Your credit card will be charged after you pickup your items. We will let you know if we have any problems processing your credit card.
- SNAP/EBT payments will be taken in-person at the farm stand or farmers market.
- Due to COVID-19, we strongly encourage the use of credit cards this season. If necessary, we can take cash or check. Please email Farmstand @wlfarm.org about cash or check options.
Do you provide discounts for SNAP/EBT customers?
- Yes! We provide a 10% discount (on average – depends on the specific products, some have higher discounts than others) to customers paying with SNAP
- To receive the discount, make sure that you have created an account in our Farm-to-Go system, then email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know that you’re interested in the discount. We’ll set up the discount for your account and give you any information you may need about using the system.
How will Pickup Work at the WLF Farm Stand?
- Arrive By Alphabet. We are no longer using the time-slot sign-up system, but instead are adopting an alphabetical time-slot assignment. If possible, please pickup during the time-slot that corresponds with the Last Name on the Order:
4-5pm last names A-G
5-6pm last names H-M
6-7pm last names N-Z
1-2pm last names A-G
2-3pm last names H-M
3-4pm last names N-Z
- Curbside pick-up and walk-up window will both be available on Thursdays and Saturdays. Walk-up window only for Tuesday on-farm pickup.
- All products must be purchased in advance, online.
How do I use the Curbside Pickup?
- Curbside pickup uses the driveway at 78 Ridge Street.
- Curbside pick-up will be available on Thursdays and Saturdays.
- When you arrive at the farm, give the last name on the order to the staff on the driveway (write the name on a piece of paper to save time!)
- Follow the route as it curves in front of the patio. Stop next to the patio and unlock/open your trunk.
- Farm staff will bring out your purchases and place them in your car. Enjoy great local food!
How do I use the Walk-up Window to Pickup?
- The Walk-up Window is on the patio-side of the Farm Stand. Please always observe at least 6-feet between customers.
- Walk-up Window will be available Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. Walk-up window only for Tuesday on-farm pickup.
- Parking for the Walk-up Window is available at three locations:
- Ridge Street, by the white kiosk and sign (3 spaces)
- Mullen Field, entrance on Lockeland Road (100 spaces)
- St. Eulalia’s Church, entrance at 50 Ridge Street (100 spaces)
How will pickup work at the farmers markets?
- Arrive at Market During Pick-up Hours.
- We will be at the Lexington Market 2-3pm
- We will be at the Winchester Market 9:30 – 1:30.
- Find Our Tent: we will have a tent at each location with pre-purchased boxes of produce. Give the staff member the last name on the order to collect your box.
- All products must be purchased in advance, online.
You ran out of the product that was in my cart!
- Putting items in your cart won’t “buy” them. You must “Confirm your order” to reserve an item and take it out of “stock”.
- You can continue to add to a confirmed order if the order period is still open.
My cart items vanished!
- Each distribution location has its own cart — did you switch your distribution location?
- Unconfirmed carts will empty when the order period closes
My credit card wasn't charged!
- Your credit card will be charged after you pick-up your items.
- We will let you know if we have any problems processing your credit card
Is it safe for me to buy food from WLF Farm-to-Go?
We hope to provide you great local food throughout the summer in a safe way! We’ll be taking temperature checks of all staff. We have everyone read, sign, and practice our COVID-19 Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). We always wear our masks and change-out gloves and wash hands regularly. We ask that anyone coming on to the farm wear a mask and observe safe distancing practices.