2017 Volunteer Opportunities for Students in Grades 6 – 12
During the spring, summer, and fall seasons, we have multiple opportunities to involve local students in grades 6 – 12 in our farm education programs. Please see the volunteer opportunities below and email the Education Director to sign up to help with a program.
Please also read our guidelines for student volunteers before committing to any programs:
- Student volunteers assist farm educators (paid staff) during youth programs. They are the extra eyes, ears, and hands that help our programs run smoothly. When engaged with the kids and activities, volunteers help our farm educators do a better job facilitating the planned lessons and activities of the day.
- Volunteers typically arrive about 15 – 20 minutes before the start of a session to help with last-minute program prep, but leave at the program end time (paid staff manage program clean up).
- We prefer high school students help with spring and fall programs for kids in grades 3 – 6, but middle school students may help with summer programs for kids entering grades 3 – 5.
- We expect volunteers to be fully engaged with the activities of the group; please leave all electronics / gadgets / items not needed for the program at home. Cell phones are allowed but should only be used if needed. Volunteers who cannot abide by these rules will be asked to put their items / phones away until the program ends.
- Gift cards will not be given for student volunteer service, but volunteer hours can be used towards community service projects or credits for school or extracurricular activities.
The following fall programs meet one day per week over six weeks and would benefit from 2 – 3 student volunteers each:
- Monday Fall After School Program
- Mondays, September 11 – October 23 (with no session Monday 10/9) from 3:30 – 5pm each day; for kids in grades K – 2
- Tuesday Fall After School Program
- Tuesdays, September 12 – October 17 from 3:30 – 5pm each day; for kids in grades K – 2
- Wednesday Fall After School Program
- Wednesdays, September 13 – October 18 from 3:30 – 5pm each day; for kids in grades K – 2
- Thursday Fall After School Program
- Thursdays, September 14 – October 19 from 3:30 – 5:30pm each day; for kids in grades 3 – 6
2017 Farm Education Job Opportunities
There are currently no education positions available. Thank you for your interest.