Welcome to the Wright-Locke Farm Cooking School! We offer a variety of hands-on cooking classes with both our Farm Chef Kelcy and other amazing food educators in the area. Adult workshops include time for eating after you finish cooking. Youth workshops pack up their food in to-go boxes to enjoy outside of class.
All classes are hands-on.
Upcoming Kitchen Education Programs
Fall and Holiday Cheeseboard Arranging Workshop
Celebrate the flavors of the season at our Fall and Holiday Cheeseboard Arranging Workshop! As autumn leaves turn vibrant shades of red and gold, it’s time to embrace the cozy warmth of fall and prepare for the upcoming holiday feasts. Join us for an exquisite experience brought to you by Life Love Cheese.
Date: Thursday, 11/30
Ticket Price: $90
What’s Included: Ticket includes cheese tasting, grazing board materials, seasonal beverage, and a memorable culinary experience.
Immerse yourself in the quintessential tastes of fall as we guide you through an interactive cheese tasting and cheeseboard arranging session. During this workshop, we will explore four exquisite American artisanal cheeses, specially chosen to capture the essence of the season. Learn about the unique flavors and pairings that make these cheeses a perfect addition to your holiday table.
Our expert instructor, Kimi Ceridon, founder of Life. Love. Cheese., brings a wealth of knowledge and passion to the event. Kimi’s journey from the tech world to the culinary realm, coupled with her extensive culinary and cheese-making education, makes her the ideal guide to introduce you to the world of artisanal cheese.
After the tasting, it’s your turn to get creative! We will provide you with all the materials needed to arrange a stunning grazing board featuring the cheeses you’ve just sampled. Discover the art of cheeseboard presentation and impress your guests during the upcoming holiday season.
As you craft your masterpiece, indulge in the delightful flavors of the season with a choice of mulled cider, seasonal beer, or a seasonal cocktail. These beverages will perfectly complement your cheese creations, and who knows, you might just discover your new favorite cheese!
Don’t miss this opportunity to savor the fall and holiday season with a unique culinary adventure. Whether you’re a cheese enthusiast or a novice, this workshop promises an unforgettable experience.
About Your Cheese Instructor:
Kimi Ceridon, the driving force behind Life. Love. Cheese., is not your typical cheese expert. With a background in tech and a passion for gastronomy, she brings a fresh perspective to the world of artisanal cheese. Her impressive credentials, including an MLA in Gastronomy and an Artisan Cheese Certificate from BU, reflect her dedication to mastering the craft. Kimi has also honed her skills through hands-on cheesemaking training at Sterling College alongside Jasper Hill.
As an artisan cheese instructor at BU, Kimi focuses on showcasing American cheese makers and artisans, with a special emphasis on the Northeast region. Her expertise and enthusiasm will make this workshop an enriching and delectable experience.
Join us for a memorable day filled with flavorful discoveries, creativity, and camaraderie. Secure your spot now and get ready to fall in love with cheese all over again!
Ticket Sales CLOSED! Email for Availability
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date on all the great things happening in the Kitchen.
Join us on the farm this Holiday Season for a special Holiday Cookie Workshop!
Get ready to kick off the holiday season with our Family Holiday Cookie Workshop! Gather your loved ones and join us on the farm for a delightful experience filled with the warmth of family & friends, the aroma of freshly baked cookies, and the joy of holiday festivities.
Tickets cost is $60 per table, up to 6 people per table. Sales launch 11/21 at 6 AM
Sunday 12/17 Workshops
- Sunday, 12/17, 10:00-10:45 AM *SOLD OUT*
- Sunday, 12/17, 11:15-12:00 PM *SOLD OUT*
- Sunday, 12/17, 12:30-1:15 PM *SOLD OUT*
- Sunday, 12/17, 2:00-2:45 PM SOLD OUT
- Sunday, 12/17, 3:15-4:00 PM
- Sunday, 12/17, 4:30-5:15 PM *SOLD OUT*
Tuesday 12/19 Workshops
- Tuesday, 12/19, 4:00-4:45 PM *SOLD OUT*
- Tuesday, 12/19, 5:15-6:00 PM
- Tuesday, 12/19, 6:30 – 7:15 PM *SOLD OUT*
How it works
You and your family will have your very own table set up to make Chef Kelcy's Great-Grandmother's Holiday Cookie Recipe. She will walk you through the process of making this simple, but delicious, dough.
We take your cookie dough to the back to wrap and chill for you to take home and bake later. We will give you a pre-made and chilled dough to roll out and decorate
As your cookies bake, you'll enjoy holiday music, coloring, and hot mulled cider.
You will leave the event with your chilled dough ready to bake whenever you are, as well as the cookies you all decorated in the workshop.
Optional take-home WLF "Know Your Farmer" Apron is available for purchase at registration.
*Please note this is a family event, not a drop-off. Parents or guardians are required to stay and help make cookies!
Farm Fresh Thanksgiving *SOLD OUT*
We have transitioned to a new class registration system!
If you had an account in our previous class registration system:
- Select “Forgot your login information?” and check “I need to reset my password.” Choose your preferred way of resetting your password (text or email). On the next screen, your username is the email that is associated with our previous registration system. If you have issues resetting your password, please email FarmEd@WLFarm.org
If you did not have an account in our previous class registration system:
- Select “New User.” Complete the subsequent forms to create your account.
Thank you for your patience as we transition to a new registration system! If you encounter any issues, please contact FarmEd@WLFarm.org with any questions.
Please carefully read these policies prior to submitting your registration. Contact our Education Director with any questions.
Payment & Refund Policy:
- Online payments can be made via the following credit or debit cards: Visa, MasterCard, Discover
- Those who opt to “pay later” at registration must submit payment at least 2 days prior to a workshop to be guaranteed their spot.
- Full tuition refunds minus a $5 administrative fee are guaranteed up to 7 days prior to a workshop.
- A 50% tuition refund is guaranteed up to 3 days prior to a workshop.
- No tuition refund is given for participant cancellations within 2 days of a workshop or for failure to attend a workshop.
- A full tuition refund will be given in the event Wright-Locke Farm cancels a workshop.
Photo & Video Policy:
- The Conservancy may take photos and digital video footage of activities throughout the educational program season for record-keeping and publicity purposes. Participant names are never used in connection with these photos or videos.
Liability Statement (Permission for the Conservancy to handle emergencies):
- I realize injuries can occur from participation in cooking programs. I hereby waive, release, absolve, indemnify, and agree to hold harmless the Wright-Locke Farm Conservancy, Inc., the Board of Directors, instructors, or assignees, and the Town of Winchester from any claim arising out of injury to myself. Should I [or my child] be taken to the hospital for emergency purposes, I hereby grant permission to the attending physician and staff to administer anesthesia, medical, X-ray, and surgical procedures as may be deemed necessary or advisable.
Due to the close working conditions of the kitchen and lack of windows or easy air ventilation, ALL youth workshops require masks the whole time (unless tasting or smelling) to participate.
Adult workshops are mask optional based on the comfort of the individual. If you have any cold/flu/COVID symptoms, we ask that you please stay home.
Thanks for helping to keep our kitchen community safe! We look forward to seeing you in the kitchen!
Meet Our Farm Chef, Kelcy!
Hello Everyone! It is with great pleasure and honor that I introduce myself as the Farm Chef and Kitchen Manager for the Wright-Locke Farm All Seasons Barn! I am so grateful to be apart of this amazing farm and working with some seriously passionate people.
Accepting this job has been a 10-year journey for me… To read more and get a delicious dessert recipe, click here!
To stay up to date with everything I am up to on the farm check out Kelcy’s Corner below!
Happy cooking, friends!
You never know where a coffee shop conversation will take you.
This past weekend I was enjoying some coffee when a woman came by to pet my pup, Lilly. We started talking and, no surprise, the conversation turned to food and culture. Born in India, Soumita was quick to start talking about the food of her country and as soon as I shared with her that I was planning on making Saag Paneer that evening for dinner, she lit up! We started discussing cooking methods, how to make different Indian breads and then moved on to the subject of the paneer. For those who don’t know, Paneer is an Indian cheese that has a very low melting point and is perfect for soaking up all the yummy flavors of whatever sauce you throw it in. Soumita was kind enough to share with me the perfect method for making sure your paneer is the best it can possibly be; soak the paneer in warm salt water for 5-7 minutes to soften it up and then give it a quick fry to caramelize the sugars before tossing it into your sauce. It is sure to absorb the flavors that much more and, in her own words, “everything comes back to life in water.” I, for one, am super excited to try out this new cooking method and am so grateful to Soumita for sharing her wisdom.
Happy cooking friends!
~ Chef Kelcy