Wright-Locke Farm’s youth education programs offer children a unique, hands-on experience learning about farming and the natural world on our historic working farm. For each child, we aim to inspire curiosity about the natural world, foster a sense of comfort in the outdoors, and develop a sense of respect for living things. All of our programs include lessons and activities related to agriculture and the environment using our fields, pastures, barns, woods, and farm animals as a living classroom. Specific subjects include Wright-Locke farm animals (goats, chickens, honey bees), farm operations, outdoor exploration, and plant growth.
Limited financial assistance is available for all of our youth education programs. For more information, please email the Youth Programs Manager.
Interested in a group visit or enrichment program? Click here to learn more!
1. Log into, or create, your account via WLFarm.org. It’s quick and easy! We just need some basic information about yourself.
Special note: Have you made a donation or registered for programs before? If so, be sure to use the EXACT same first name, last name, and email address you previously used to make your account. If you’d like to change any of these pieces of information, you may do so by logging into your account.
2. Create a child profile for each child you wish to register. Similar to creating an account, you must provide some basic information about your child(ren) in order to register them for programs. You may edit this information at any time by logging into your account.
3. Prior to registering for a program, please be sure to read our Youth Program Terms below for information on our payment and refund policy, photo and video policy, and liability statement.
*Please note that payment for a program is due at least 2 weeks prior to a program’s start date in order to guarantee your child’s spot in a program.
We strongly recommend having one internet browser tab open to this page (with program details) and another tab open to log into your account and do the following:
- Choose a specific program (i.e. “Monday Spring After School Program”) from the drop-down menu on the Event Registration page.
- Select the profile of the child you wish to register for this program–you’ll be given the option to pay immediately by credit card or to pay later; we recommend opting to “pay later” if signing up for multiple programs or children so that you may pay for all programs with one credit card transaction on the Make Payment page (one check payment can also be mailed in lieu of credit card payment).
- To sign up your child for another program or to register multiple children for the same program, you will repeat this step.
Did a program of interest sell out?
If a program sells out, we have a wait list available–just contact our Youth Programs Manager to let us know which program(s) you are interested in having your child attend. Many wait list families end up receiving notice about openings, you just never know when it will be (spring – summer). We notify wait list families in a chronological order as soon as a spot becomes available.
Contact our Youth Programs Manager with any questions.
Payment & Refund Policy:
- Online payments can be made via the following credit cards: Visa, MasterCard, Discover
- Payment for a youth program, made by credit card, check, money order, or cash, must be submitted at least 2 weeks in advance of the program’s start date. Failure to comply may result in the loss of your child’s spot in the program for which payment is owed.
- Tuition refunds are guaranteed up to 2 weeks prior to the start date of a program minus a $10 administrative fee. Cancellation within the two weeks prior to the program start date will be given a 50% refund if the child’s spot cannot be filled. (If the spot can be filled, a full refund minus the $10 administrative fee will be given.)
- There will be no tuition refunds for cancellations made after a program has begun.
- No full or partial tuition refund or credit will be given for a child’s failure to attend any part of a program for which they are registered.
- A full tuition refund will be given in the event Wright-Locke Farm cancels a program.
Photo & Video Policy:
- The Conservancy may take photos and digital video footage of activities throughout the educational program season for record keeping and publicity purposes. Participant names are never used in connection with these photos or videos.
Liability Statement (Permission for the Conservancy to handle emergencies):
- I realize injuries can occur from participation in Farm programs. I hereby waive, release, absolve, indemnify, and agree to hold harmless the Wright-Locke Farm Conservancy, Inc., their Board of Directors, instructors, or assignees, and the Town of Winchester from any claim arising out of injury to my child or myself. Should my child be taken to the hospital for emergency purposes, I hereby grant permission to the attending physician and staff to administer anesthesia, medical, X-ray, and surgical procedures as may be deemed necessary or advisable. I understand that every attempt will be made to contact me in an emergency.
– Summer 2020 –
Due to the spread of COVID-19, we have made the difficult decision to cancel all Youth Summer Programs this summer. This decision did not come quickly or easily–only after countless staff conversations and carefully reviewing safety guidelines. We feel that we would be unable to safely run the kind of programs we want to offer and that you all have come to expect and love. In the interest of the well-being of the community and our staff, however, we must play our part in protecting our community’s health and safety by taking this measure. If you have registered for a program scheduled for this time, please check your email for details on how you can support the farm or receive your refund. For questions, please email Jack (email@example.com).
Group Visits & Enrichment Programs
Are you interested in having your class, group, or organization come to Wright-Locke Farm for an education or volunteer-oriented visit? Or would you like the Farm to come to your school or group for an in-house enrichment program? Please contact our Youth Programs Manager to book a future farm visit or enrichment program. Please note that we host farm visits April through October. Off-farm enrichment programs can be hosted at your location as our schedule allows. Click here for a list of our enrichment program topics.
For information about hosting a child’s birthday party at the Farm, please visit our Private Events webpage.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Youth Programs Manager