Wright-Locke Farm’s youth education programs offer children a unique, hands-on experience learning about farming and the natural world on our historic working farm. For each child, we aim to inspire curiosity about the natural world, foster a sense of comfort in the outdoors, and develop a sense of respect for living things. All of our programs include lessons and activities related to agriculture and the environment using our fields, pastures, barns, woods, and farm animals as a living classroom. Specific subjects include Wright-Locke farm animals (goats, chickens, honey bees), farm operations, outdoor exploration, and plant growth.
Limited financial assistance is available for all farm education programs. To request assistance, first reserve your space in the program by registering and selecting the “Pay Later” option. After reserving your space, please complete this form and return it to Jack at jwright@WLFarm.org.
Interested in a group visit or enrichment program? Click here to learn more!
1. Log into, or create, your account via WLFarm.org. It’s quick and easy! We just need some basic information about yourself.
Special note: Have you made a donation or registered for programs before? If so, be sure to use the EXACT same first name, last name, and email address you previously used to make your account. If you’d like to change any of these pieces of information, you may do so by logging into your account.
2. Create a child profile for each child you wish to register. Similar to creating an account, you must provide some basic information about your child(ren) in order to register them for programs. You may edit this information at any time by logging into your account.
3. Prior to registering for a program, please be sure to read our Youth Program Terms below for information on our payment and refund policy, photo and video policy, and liability statement.
*Please note that payment for a program is due at least 2 weeks prior to a program’s start date in order to guarantee your child’s spot in a program.
We strongly recommend having one internet browser tab open to this page (with program details) and another tab open to log into your account and do the following:
- Choose a specific program (i.e. “Monday Spring After School Program”) from the drop-down menu on the Event Registration page.
- Select the profile of the child you wish to register for this program–you’ll be given the option to pay immediately by credit card or to pay later; we recommend opting to “pay later” if signing up for multiple programs or children so that you may pay for all programs with one credit card transaction on the Make Payment page (one check payment can also be mailed in lieu of credit card payment).
- To sign up your child for another program or to register multiple children for the same program, you will repeat this step.
Did a program of interest sell out?
If a program sells out, we have a wait list available–just contact our Youth Programs Manager to let us know which program(s) you are interested in having your child attend. Many wait list families end up receiving notice about openings, you just never know when it will be (spring – summer). We notify wait list families in a chronological order as soon as a spot becomes available.
Contact our Youth Programs Manager with any questions.
Payment & Refund Policy:
- Online payments can be made via the following credit cards: Visa, MasterCard, Discover
- Payment for a youth program, made by credit card, check, money order, or cash, must be submitted at least 2 weeks in advance of the program’s start date. Failure to comply may result in the loss of your child’s spot in the program for which payment is owed.
- Tuition refunds are guaranteed up to 2 weeks prior to the start date of a program minus a $10 administrative fee. Cancellation within the two weeks prior to the program start date will be given a 50% refund if the child’s spot cannot be filled. (If the spot can be filled, a full refund minus the $10 administrative fee will be given.)
- There will be no tuition refunds for cancellations made after a program has begun.
- No full or partial tuition refund or credit will be given for a child’s failure to attend any part of a program for which they are registered.
- A full tuition refund will be given in the event Wright-Locke Farm cancels a program.
Photo & Video Policy:
- The Conservancy may take photos and digital video footage of activities throughout the educational program season for record keeping and publicity purposes. Participant names are never used in connection with these photos or videos.
Liability Statement (Permission for the Conservancy to handle emergencies):
- I realize injuries can occur from participation in Farm programs. I hereby waive, release, absolve, indemnify, and agree to hold harmless the Wright-Locke Farm Conservancy, Inc., their Board of Directors, instructors, or assignees, and the Town of Winchester from any claim arising out of injury to my child or myself. Should my child be taken to the hospital for emergency purposes, I hereby grant permission to the attending physician and staff to administer anesthesia, medical, X-ray, and surgical procedures as may be deemed necessary or advisable. I understand that every attempt will be made to contact me in an emergency.
As part of Wright-Locke Farm’s goal to become a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive organization, we have instituted tiered pricing across all of our youth education programming. This allows families to choose the price that works best for them, reducing the cost-barrier to our programs. The tiers are calculated as follows:
- Tier A: 50% above the base price
- Tier B: 15% above the base price
- Tier C: The base price (what we normally charge for each participant)
- Tier D: 25% below the base price
- Tier E: 50% below the base price
Please select the price that is best for your family. If you are able, please consider selecting Tier A or Tier B prices. Families that register at these prices help support other children’s participation in our programs.
In addition to our tiered prices, limited financial assistance is available for all farm education programs. To request assistance, first reserve your space in the program by registering and selecting the “Pay Later” option. After reserving your space, please complete this form and return to Jack at jwright@WLFarm.org.
— Spring Programs, Session II —
Our spring programs are currently full. To join the waitlist, please email Jack at jwright@WLFarm.org and include your name, your child’s name, and your desired program(s).
— Summer Programs —
Thank you for your interest in Wright-Locke Farm’s summer programs! At this time, our summer programs are currently full. To join the waitlist, please complete this form. If there’s an opening for your family, we will reach out to let you know! Thank you!
Wright-Locke Farm offers a variety of half-day, week-long summer programs. Children have the opportunity to explore the farm and adjacent Whipple Hill Conservation Area, while taking care of the farm’s chickens and goats, and having fun! Programs run from either 9:00 am – 12:00 pm or 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm, Monday-Friday. Currently, we offer programs for the following age groups: PreK (4-5 y.o.), K-2nd Grade, and 3rd-5th Grade.
In addition to our tiered pricing, limited financial assistance is available for all farm education programs. To request assistance, first reserve your space in the program by registering and selecting the “Pay Later” option. After reserving your space, please complete this form and return to Jack at jwright@WLFarm.org.
Group Visits & Enrichment Programs
Are you interested in having your class, group, or organization come to Wright-Locke Farm for an education or volunteer-oriented visit? Or would you like the Farm to come to your school or group for an in-house enrichment program? Please contact our Youth Programs Manager to book a future farm visit or enrichment program. Please note that we host farm visits April through October. Off-farm enrichment programs can be hosted at your location as our schedule allows. Click here for a list of our enrichment program topics.
For information about hosting a child’s birthday party at the Farm, please visit our Private Events webpage.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Youth Programs Manager