Wright-Locke Farm is free and open to the public year-round during daylight hours. Hiking trails, ponds, wetlands, hilltop glades, and our beautiful historic farmstead provide a stunning natural setting to enjoy no matter the season. Our farm stand is open year-round via our online Farm-to-Go program. The stand will only be open on Wednesdays and Saturdays to sell our farm fresh eggs via our honor box system (9am – until eggs run out).
The Farm is a 20 acre community farm operated by the Wright-Locke Farm Conservancy, a non-profit 501(c)3 organization. It is comprised of 2 land parcels: 7.5 acres is leased from the Town of Winchester and includes the historic farm buildings and growing fields; and an additional 12.5 acres, including pasture lands to the north of the farmstead and wooded areas to the west abutting the Whipple Hill and Locke Conservation Areas, which was purchased in 2015 by the Wright-Locke Land Trust to preserve the land as open green space.
We ask that all farm visitors follow some simple rules while enjoying the Farm, to ensure the safety and health of our visitors and the land:
- Wright-Locke Farm is a certified-organic fruit, vegetable, herb and flower farm; please respect all of our cultivated spaces, including the fields, gardens, greenhouse, and flower beds.
- Canine friends are welcome at the farm, but please keep them leashed and pick up after them.
- Farm machinery, both new and old, can be dangerous; please do not touch/climb on new equipment or old equipment that is on display.
- There are farm animals and honeybee hives at the Farm. Our pasture-raised chickens, goats, and sheep are sometimes kept in white netted electrified fencing that should not be touched. All permanent metal and wood pole fencing used throughout the farmstead is NOT electrified and is always safe to touch. Only farm staff and trained volunteers performing duties should enter animal pens.
- Please take home any trash you make while visiting the Farm or throw it out in our trash and recycling bins near the farm stand.
- Our Photography Policy