We are delighted to offer the Shared Harvest Winter CSA through our website this year!
One of the founding and enduring principles of Shared Harvest is bringing you shares that are thoughtfully composed of food grown by experienced small-scale family farmers growing with organic practices (mostly certified), and within 100 miles of our pickup location. This year’s farms include Riverland Farm in Sunderland, MA, Atlas Farm (neighbor of Riverland), garlic from Alprilla Farm in Essex, apples from Cider Hill Farm in Amesbury, and others. As many of you know, Shared Harvest has distributed their shares at Wright-Locke Farm for many years. Last year, we combined our efforts to sell extras through our website. And now we’ve added the actual shares! Here are the details:
- Pickup dates are the following three Saturdays:
November 20, December 11, and January 8.
- You can buy one month or all three months.
- New this year is the option for a Mushroom CSA from Fat Moon Farm!
- Extras will be available for sale, two-three weeks before each pickup
- Pickup location is the upper lot at the new All Seasons Barn at Wright-Locke Farm (82 Ridge Street, Winchester).
How to sign up for your share:
- Login to your Farm to Go account (scroll down to learn how to create an account).
- Choose Shared Harvest Winter CSA as your Distribution Day
- Choose which CSA options you would like!
- Payment for shares & extras can be made by credit card, check, or cash.
- Share payment will be collected the Sunday after you place your order or in two installments, but no later than November 1st.
- Extras payment will be collected after you receive your order.
How to Create A Farm to Go Account: Click this link and follow the registration instructions below
- Create a customer profile with your email address and preferred password – click “Create Account.” You will be directed to another detailed registration screen. Ignore the “Organization” field, you do not need to fill this in.
- Choose your default “Customer Distribution Location” depending on the location and day you plan on picking up your orders most weeks (Example: Winchester Farmers’ Market Pickup OR Thursday All Seasons Barn pickup). You can change this at anytime! You can also order for multiple pickup days/locations if need be during the same week.
- Select your preferred payment type and add a credit card on file. Credit card/EBT are our preferred forms of payment; we also accept cash or check.
- Saving your credit card in the system will make payment simpler. Credit cards will only be charged after your pickup, to allow for any needed adjustments (specific weights, etc.). Credit card numbers are encrypted; we won’t have access to your account numbers.
- If you are a SNAP/EBT customer, select SNAP/EBT as your “preferred payment method” – we process EBT payments at the time of pickup.
Here’s what we hope to see each month:
- November: Apples, Beets, Carrots, Potatoes, Sweet Potatoes, Purple Top Turnips, Watermelon Radishes, Butternut/Acorn Squash, Cabbage, Shallots, Onions, Garlic, Kale, Popcorn, Leeks, and Herbs
- December: Beets, Carrots, Potatoes, Sweet Potatoes, watermelon radishes, daikon, Parsnips, Butternut/Acorn Squash, Brussels Sprouts, Kohlrabi, Cabbage, Shallots, Onions, Garlic, Head Lettuce, Kale, and Herbs
- January: Beets, Carrots,
Potatoes, Sweet Potatoes, Purple Top turnips, Daikon, Parsnips, Kohlrabi, Cabbage, Shallots, Onions, Garlic, Head Lettuce, Kale, Spinach, and Herbs
Questions? Suggestions? Concerns? Email us at Farmstand@wlfarm.org!