Wright-Locke Farm’s education programs for teens and adults are a greatway to learn practical skills related to healthy living, small-scale agriculture, and the wonders of nature. All workshops take place either in our historic 1827 Barn on the Farm (unheated / not air-conditioned), the woods, or in thekitchen at Saint Eulalia’s Parish (50 Ridge Street- right down the street from the Farm) and are open to individuals ages 14+ unless stated otherwise. We hope you can join us for one or more workshops this growingseason!
* Please see the important instructions for registering below.
Instructions for Adult Program Registration
1. Log into or create your account via WLFarm.org. Making an account is quick and easy! We just need some basic information about yourself. If you would like to change any of these pieces of information at any time, you may do so by logging into your account.
2. Please be sure to read our Adult Education Program Terms below for more information on our payment and refund policy, photo and video policy, and liability statement.
3. Register for an adult program! Click on the REGISTER NOW! links below to sign up for a program. You will be asked to enter the number of people you wish to register for the program (including yourself or children, if applicable) and enter the first and last names of those being registered in the Guest Information fields. You will be given the option to pay immediately by credit card or to pay later; we recommend opting to “pay later” if signing up for multiple programs so that you may pay for all programs with one credit card transaction at Make Payment (check payment can also be mailed in lieu of credit card payment).
Contact our Education Director with any questions.
Adult Program Terms
Please carefully read these policies prior to submitting your registration. Contact our Education Director with any questions.
Payment & Refund Policy:
- Online payments can be made via the following credit or debit cards: Visa, MasterCard, Discover
- Those who opt to “pay later” at registration must submit payment at least 2 days prior to a workshop to be guaranteed their spot.
- Full tuition refunds minus a $5 administrative fee are guaranteed up to 7 days prior to a workshop.
- A 50% tuition refund is guaranteed up to 3 days prior to a workshop.
- No tuition refund is given for participant cancellations within 2 days of a workshop or for failure to attend a workshop.
- A full tuition refund will be given in the event Wright-Locke Farm cancels a workshop.
Photo & Video Policy:
- The Conservancy may take photos and digital video footage of activities throughout the educational program season for record keeping and publicity purposes. Participant names are never used in connection with these photos or videos.
Liability Statement (Permission for the Conservancy to handle emergencies):
- I realize injuries can occur from participation in Farm programs. I hereby waive, release, absolve, indemnify, and agree to hold harmless the Wright-Locke Farm Conservancy, Inc., their Board of Directors, instructors, or assignees, and the Town of Winchester from any claim arising out of injury to myself. Should I be taken to the hospital for emergency purposes, I hereby grant permission to the attending physician and staff to administer anesthesia, medical, X-ray, and surgical procedures as may be deemed necessary or advisable.
– Winter 2019 –
Jeans Mending Workshop with Karen Bellacosa
Saturday, March 23, from 9:30am-12pm at the Jenks Center
If you already recycle your plastic and paper, compost your vegetables and ride your bike, you are ready to mend your jeans! Just by knowing two basic sewing stitches and some simple techniques, you can easily and quickly learn how to repair your favorite jeans and give them a whole new life. With a little time, imagination, needles and thread, your jeans can become individual works of art, completely unique to you.
This class will teach you the simple hand sewing and patching methods that will give you the confidence to master the worst of torn jeans. It’s really satisfying, saves money and is good for the planet!
Registration is required. Email FarmEd@wlfarm.org for more information or to register.
* * * * * * * * * *
Stay tuned! More upcoming workshops will be listed soon!Other summer programs may include the following subjects: organic gardening and composting, “Forest Bathing”, seasonal edible and medicinal plant foraging, edible mushroom cultivation, raising backyard chickens and honey bees, wreath making, and culinary skills workshops emphasizing healthy meal preparation and food preservation using local and seasonal foods.
Email FarmEd@wlfarm.org with questions or for more information.
Want to stay up-to-date on Farm happenings? Sign up for our e-newsletter.
Looking for our special events listings? Click here!