Wright-Locke Farm’s education programs for teens and adults are a greatway to learn practical skills related to healthy living, small-scale agriculture, and the wonders of nature. All workshops take place either in our historic 1827 Barn on the Farm (unheated / not air-conditioned), the woods, or in the kitchen at Saint Eulalia’s Parish (50 Ridge Street- right down the street from the Farm) and are open to individuals ages 14+ unless stated otherwise. We hope you can join us for one or more workshops this growingseason!
* Please see the important instructions for registering below.
Instructions for Adult Program Registration
1. Log into or create your account via WLFarm.org. Making an account is quick and easy! We just need some basic information about yourself. If you would like to change any of these pieces of information at any time, you may do so by logging into your account.
2. Please be sure to read our Adult Education Program Terms below for more information on our payment and refund policy, photo and video policy, and liability statement.
3. Register for an adult program! Click on the REGISTER NOW! links below to sign up for a program. You will be asked to enter the number of people you wish to register for the program (including yourself or children, if applicable) and enter the first and last names of those being registered in the Guest Information fields. You will be given the option to pay immediately by credit card or to pay later; we recommend opting to “pay later” if signing up for multiple programs so that you may pay for all programs with one credit card transaction at Make Payment (check payment can also be mailed in lieu of credit card payment).
Contact our Education Director with any questions.
Adult Program Terms
Please carefully read these policies prior to submitting your registration. Contact our Education Director with any questions.
Payment & Refund Policy:
- Online payments can be made via the following credit or debit cards: Visa, MasterCard, Discover
- Those who opt to “pay later” at registration must submit payment at least 2 days prior to a workshop to be guaranteed their spot.
- Full tuition refunds minus a $5 administrative fee are guaranteed up to 7 days prior to a workshop.
- A 50% tuition refund is guaranteed up to 3 days prior to a workshop.
- No tuition refund is given for participant cancellations within 2 days of a workshop or for failure to attend a workshop.
- A full tuition refund will be given in the event Wright-Locke Farm cancels a workshop.
Photo & Video Policy:
- The Conservancy may take photos and digital video footage of activities throughout the educational program season for record keeping and publicity purposes. Participant names are never used in connection with these photos or videos.
Liability Statement (Permission for the Conservancy to handle emergencies):
- I realize injuries can occur from participation in Farm programs. I hereby waive, release, absolve, indemnify, and agree to hold harmless the Wright-Locke Farm Conservancy, Inc., their Board of Directors, instructors, or assignees, and the Town of Winchester from any claim arising out of injury to myself. Should I be taken to the hospital for emergency purposes, I hereby grant permission to the attending physician and staff to administer anesthesia, medical, X-ray, and surgical procedures as may be deemed necessary or advisable.
– FALL 2019 –
Vegetable Fermentation Workshop
Thursday, November 7th from 6-8pm
*please note that this workshop takes place in the kitchen of St. Eulalia’s Parish, near the farm*
Participants will help prepare pint jars of local, organic sauerkraut and kimchi to take home, ferment, and enjoy.
Cost: $40 per person (includes 2 jars of prepped veggies to ferment and enjoy at home)
Wreath-Making with Ferris Donham
Tuesday, November 12th, 6:30-8:30pm at the Jenks Center in Winchester.
Join us at the Jenks Center in downtown Winchester for a Winter Wreath-Making workshop with Ferris Donham. Learn to create and assemble your own Holiday Wreath using local, natural materials. Registration is required and space is limited. Materials fee $25.
Merry Mixology: Creative Cocktail Workshop
Thursday, December 5th at 6:30 p.m at the Jenks Center, Winchester.
Join folks from Wright Locke Farm at the Jenks Center to learn how to create unique, tasty, festive holiday cocktails and mocktails using some farm-fresh ingredients. In addition to discovering new seasonal concoctions, we’ll explore making and using shrubs to spruce up your favorite Hot Toddy! Cost is $25 per person.
Please note: This event is 21+ for all attendees. Please let us know if you or your guests have any food allergies or preferences.
* * * * * * * * * *
Stay tuned! More upcoming workshops may be listed soon! Other programs may include the following subjects: organic gardening and composting; “Forest Bathing”; seasonal edible and medicinal plant foraging; edible mushroom cultivation; raising backyard chickens and honey bees; wreath-making; and culinary skills workshops emphasizing healthy meal preparation and food preservation using local and seasonal foods.
Email FarmEd@wlfarm.org with questions or for more information.
Want to stay up-to-date on Farm happenings? Sign up for our e-newsletter.
Looking for our special events listings? Click here!